COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more

All India Open Prelims Simulator Test X
On 22nd May, 2019 [Open for all] CLICK HERE to know more and apply

How to remain disciplined if not motivated? A thread to inspire each other.

Topic created ยท 150 Posts ยท 4796 Views
  • @ManchesterUnited the sectional test are too easy to be attempted. Especially the first 20. However Abhyas and Full Length are tough.

• @satrun PerspectivesโœŒ

• @ManchesterUnited said in How to remain disciplined if not motivated? A thread to inspire each other.:

@satrun Really?
    Me and most of my friends find it the other way round
    Its getting better and more challenging,more so with core History/Polity/Economy/Geo!
    I am surprised and probably questioning my prepration levels๐Ÿƒ ๐Ÿƒ
    How are you scoring in full length tests and Abhyaas?
    My scores are always in 120-140 in full lengths and Abhyaas

Hahahaha.. iff 120s 130s is normal score then probably I should hang my head in shame !!

I have given 4 full tests by now and scoring in 80s and 90s only. Never crossed 100 till now. ๐Ÿ˜‰

PS- Sab moh maya h. If you scoring very high or very low in any test series consistently than probably it's time to change the test series itself. My personal style. Kudos to all of you scoring good.

Those finding it easy I have one suggestion for you. Go and try Vajiram one ! Just to lower your ego little bit. ๐Ÿ™‚

• @ManchesterUnited I was in same situation in after prelims 2017 result missed margin 2 questions because of filling wrong bubble of three question even after knowing the right .

Again prepared for 2018 bit half heartdly missed again by more margin that is 7 8 marks

2018 result to April last of 2019 was phase of severe depression for me don't like meeting anyone , negativity in every thought turn out to be hardcore leftist thanx to Hindu & IE ๐Ÿ˜‹ , feel irritated everytime , have constant argument with family & spend most of time spent on YouTube & reading psychology

Productivity of study goes to zero at times , however I everytime fight to study although at last time turn out to be lying on the bed watching something in hope that my mood would get better
    but never helped .

Started following spirituality , got the insight though regret of wasted time incrept me and prior negativity , overthinking made me cripple to go forward

Heard about vipassana mediation , went for it & back out in 5 days.feel like I m good for nothing

Perhaps when I sat one day relax and think,found that misseries
    I created for myself was not upsc it is because of nature (probelm of anxiety since childhood but not able to acknowledge it, u know na how our society act if we inform mental illness to them
    Ye woh puja Kar lo , exercise karo , aisa kch ni hota ye tumhare maan ka beham hai instead of telling talking listening to our POV , suggesting for meditation and other help )

Conclusion - As Buddha said be light on to yourself (appointment dippo bhav ) .

I figured out the lacunae & adopting right the from experience

Vipassana had gave me schedule of waking(5 am) and sleeping (9 pm), how should be breakfast, lunch , evening snacks be like
    with no dinner because it keeps you awake , after remain awake after 10 11 pm you will victim of unnecessary wasting time e.g mobile, overthinking , other stuffs ( you what I mean )

I was stuck in vicious cycle of exams , committed myself to come out , so for that went to some selected students and counsellor
    Realize action is important than anything , joined library for one year straight , skipped 2019 pre due to this dilemma and asked my father to give 2 year more , aiming fully for upsc 2020 not pre main interview but as whole promised myself to get IAS (up cadre ) at any cost

My last quote for me - there is no other way out & whatever it takes

Even in some doing I face difficulty but these will important do you know to tackle (techniques)

Your mentioning psychological probelm (depression) made me write this long because I know it feels like neverthless I don't reply generally.

• @Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh I have access to vajiram portal as well sir and so far in all 4 FL tests the scores have been consistent around 110s!
    But I just shared my experience that vis a vis last year the vision sectionals had better questions!

• @mks708089830 How do you rate vipassana?
    I was considering it in july last year after results as I was feeling very low and a friend of mine suggested it!
    But I found the rules too rigid to follow,so postponed it indefinitely!

• @Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh @Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh thanks a lot for atleast choosing to reply sir ๐Ÿ™‚. Rarely I have seen selected people opting for answering a newcomers questions and that so immediately ๐Ÿ™‚.

And yes managing harmones is very important this month ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†. Thank you again

• Anxiety period.

• @ManchesterUnited I don't have any intention to promote any organization.

I think in the era overfloating neo liberal economy where comparisons, competition create utter chaos in our inner world

3P patience ,preservance, peace is the intrinsic value one needed to sail these exams and exam of life as well

Any form of meditation, chanting , deity visualization helps you in getting your nerve right & I prefer meditation due to own personal reasons ( lack religious faith as of )

Regarding vipassana , I found out that we got a life , but don't have way of life .. vipassana create environment for latter one (imo , these may vary according to individual ) however either be vipassana or any technique , method you can subscribe according to your circumstances.

Important note : only use a means to an end, not end otherwise it will drift in whole sort of another world

• This post is deleted!