COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more

All India Open Prelims Simulator Test X
On 22nd May, 2019 [Open for all] CLICK HERE to know more and apply

Official Thread - Economically Weaker Section ( EWS ) Eligibility, Process, & All Doubts

Topic created · 27 Posts · 1288 Views
  • Re: Doubt in UPSC CSP 2019 form

Hi if i fill the prelims form in ews category but am unable to make the ews certificate or my inclusion in ews is not accepted... can i later change my category from ews to general??
    or should i fill two forms one in EWS and one in General??
    Please help

• @stud33773143

Hello, There is a precedence for this with respect to Creamy Layer. When candidates apply in OBC category as non creamy layer candidate, then they are treated as one till the final result.

However if after the final result, the department finds that the candidate is not eligible for non-creamy layer, he is treated as a general candidate.

Once the criteria of general candidate is applied, it applies with respect to exam eligibility , age, prelims and Mains cut off as well. If you do not meet any criteria - say Prelims you have less marks and did not clear from Gen category your candidature is cancelled.

You can fill up form under EWS, and if later you are not able to prove, you would be treated as General, so you are safe.

• @root
    But many are saying that since u could not produce ews certificate when it is asked after prelims ... this means u had applied under wrong category
    Thus your candidature will be cancelled

• @stud33773143
    No you can't change anything in Application form.
    Its better to get EWS certificate first and then fill the form.

• You may not be able to get an EWS Certificate because processes for the same will not be clear. From previous experience - which is on an annual basis, OBC Candidates who apply under Non-Creamy Layer, but are not able to produce certificate of income, are treated as General Candidates. Their candidature is not held void.

• Where should we go for EWS certificate? I am not able to find any information online. There is still no clarity in govt offices.

• Guys, I have a doubt. If the cutoff of ews category goes higher than the unreserved category and I get lower than the ews cutoff but higher than the general cutoff, will I be considered in the unreserved category?

• I have a query !

Suppose I am General but have filled form with OBC..

Cutoff for general is 110
    Cutoff for OBC is 107 ..

I get 108 marks.. hence get selected in prelims..

Similarly I get selected in mains in OBC category..

Now on verification, I am unable to produce certificate...
    Hence now I will be treated as general candidate ...

BUT WHAT ABOUT LOOPHOLES I USED FOR MY SELECTION IN PRELIMS AND MAINS....

AND WHAT IF I DO THE SAME WITH EWS...

Why shouldn't everyone fill form with OBC /EWS and take advantage in prelims and then don't produce certificate and then be treated as general candidate for further process .

• @donotmailhrishikesh462

You will be treated as General with respect to age limit, Prelims score, Mains score, interview . If you do not meet the general cut off at any level, you will be disqualified.

• @aanand280616859 said in Official Thread - Economically Weaker Section ( EWS ) Eligibility, Process, & All Doubts:

Guys, I have a doubt. If the cutoff of ews category goes higher than the unreserved category and I get lower than the ews cutoff but higher than the general cutoff, will I be considered in the unreserved category?

• @donotmailhrishikesh462

You will be judged as a general candidate in this case.

So assuming that you even end up with rank 1 at the end of the entire process, you will still be disqualified since you did not fulfill the general prelims cutoff consideration.

And believe it or not, this has happened in the past. I personally know someone who cleared CSe and got an IAS level rank in the OBC category but was not been allocated any service since his prelims marks was below the general category. Had he surpassed the general category prelims score he would have been an IPS today.

• This post is deleted!
  • @Arsenal752 I applied as general but now i found that i might satisfy all criteria for EWS...can I fill the form again as EWS ? will they reject my candidature beacuse i fill the form again with a different category?
    Plz reply sir.
    Thanks

• @root Sir I applied as general but now i found that i might satisfy all criteria for EWS...can I fill the form again as EWS ? will they reject my candidature beacuse i fill the form again with a different category?
    Plz reply sir.
    Thanks

• @Strategist said in Official Thread - Economically Weaker Section ( EWS ) Eligibility, Process, & All Doubts:

@Arsenal752 I applied as general but now i found that i might satisfy all criteria for EWS...can I fill the form again as EWS ? will they reject my candidature beacuse i fill the form again with a different category?
    Plz reply sir.
    Thanks

IMO you should apply again under EWS. Use your admit card generated from the EWS application.

Do not worry about candidature being cancelled if you do not meet the EWS criteria later ( unless you are clearly not EWS ) , because in OBC also every year DoPT determines some candidates to be creamy layer and treats them as General Candidate without reservation.

• what is the financial year that will be considered while making the certificate ?as time has been extended till august i do feel they will be seeking the latest returns which will be 2018-19 rather than 2017-18 or if you make it before march 2017-18 would do as well? none of the state authorities are really aware about ews certificates right now. so theres a loophole about this as well.the dopt notificationa and upsc notification conflicts here.

• Thanku @Neyawn sir...
    I will now apply again as EWS.

• @Neyawn sir do i need to use a different mobile number and email if i apply the second time..or i can use the same once again?

• @Strategist said in Official Thread - Economically Weaker Section ( EWS ) Eligibility, Process, & All Doubts:

@Neyawn sir do i need to use a different mobile number and email if i apply the second time..or i can use the same once again?

In my opinion, you could try with the same Email and Mobile or change the email address at all. In the eventuality that only one adit card is generated, it will be for the second application, not the first one.

• @neverbackdown said in Official Thread - Economically Weaker Section ( EWS ) Eligibility, Process, & All Doubts:

what is the financial year that will be considered while making the certificate ?as time has been extended till august i do feel they will be seeking the latest returns which will be 2018-19 rather than 2017-18 or if you make it before march 2017-18 would do as well? none of the state authorities are really aware about ews certificates right now. so theres a loophole about this as well.the dopt notificationa and upsc notification conflicts here.

would it finally rest with the state authorities?