COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more

All India Open Prelims Simulator Test X
On 22nd May, 2019 [Open for all] CLICK HERE to know more and apply

Website Related Issues : Bugs & Functionality Request

Topic created ยท 96 Posts ยท 2051 Views
  • @Tao said in Website Related Issues : Bugs & Functionality Request:

How to access the older posts when operating from Mobile..I can't see any page number indicator or something like that...just current 5-6 posts are accessible...?

@Tao : Go to your Settings page , just below Edit Profile from top right corner.

You will see one tab of Pagination, just check it and click on Save Changes.

You will see pagination as below.

paging.PNG

• @jackSparrow Resolved.Thanks !

• @jackSparrow

Hi,
    This is @pizzza here. I am unable to login with my @pizzza id.
    I think there is some issue with the website.

1. When i enter my registered email or phone number for @pizzza id, instead of sending me the OTP, it is asking me to register. Is this a bug or did i lose access to my profile through any other way?
    2. I received an OTP on my phone and email around 1:55 pm, when i was away from the computer and even my phone was switched off. Somebody tried to login through my phone number or email id. Kindly look into it.
    3. I personally feel that logging in with email id or phone number to get OTP is not the correct way as it can be misused. Instead, can you please enable the username and password system. And once those credentials are filled, OTP can be automatically sent to the phone or email-id in the next step. This will be much better, because password is known only to the user and only he can try to login. Whereas email and phone number can be known by others and others may try to login. I know that they cannot login until they have the OTP but the issue is about spamming. Someone may just keep trying to login by sending OTPs incessantly.

Thank you.

• @jackSparrow any updates?

• @pizza Please see your chat.

• @jackSparrow Thank you, i have replied.

• @pizza

We will have to invent new methods also as OTP login is a expensive too.

• @root One time OTP verification is enough is what i personally feel. After all OTP verification is only for identity verification. OTP for every login is redundant.

OTP verification during registration and username/password system for regular usage seems apt.

• @pizza Check again

• @jackSparrow it's working. Thank you.

• not able to login from mobile some spammer has hacked my email id...receiving otp's after otp's on cell and when i try to login from mobile the sent otp doesn't work what kind of security architecture you have created?? ...totally disgusted...sort it out as soon as possible..

• @jackSparrow @root

I keep on receiving an OTP Login without requesting it myself ! Anyone there facing the same issue ? Is it a bug or Somebody is playing with me ?

• @Zohanmukharjee Mostly emails but I did receive 1-2 messages yesterday as well !

• I got 6 OTPs for a single login. ๐Ÿ˜

• Issue resolved.thanks @root and @Zohanmukharjee for helping out !

• Hi @root

I really did not want to write this because i have been an ardent supporter of forum and its initiatives but i guess sometimes we'll have to take a stand for what be believe in.

Today, You removed my signature and updated my profile without my permission, which amounts to gagging and is disrespectful towards a fellow member. You could have asked me to edit it out but you chose to do it yourself and I do not appreciate it.

Forcible migration from discuss to quest is the thing that disappointed me the most. I thought the migration would be natural over a period but the sudden decision to make discuss forum as "Read only" amounts to gagging and is again disrespectful towards the members of the community. What about the inbox messages, How do we retrieve it?

Quest has security issues. I dint bring it up earlier because I thought it would bring bad reputation to this wonderful platform. But, the forcible migration has compelled me to speak out the truth so that people can make an informed choice. I have attached the images below.

There's a proof of hundreds of OTPs sent on both email and Phone on march 1 and 2 2019. I know that you added "Recaptcha" feature to prevent it from happening again, but there was "no explanation" given about why it happened in the first place?

Next one proof is the one that has raised my apprehensions about data breach the most. I had registered with a gmail id. It is $$$a$$$$$.abhishek@gmail.com but it suddenly got changed to @spam4.me

I have no idea about how this happened and why this happened. I asked the same to the people and forum and did not find any explanation about it. If someone can change my registered email without my notice, then there's definitely a security issue.

Anyway, I had plans to stay on discuss for the above mentioned reasons but since that is read only, guess it's time to bid adieu to the forum. I would not like to engage further on this issue and will not be responding to any communication from your side.

Thank you.

alt text

alt text

• Hello All,

There was an issue of multiple OTPs being sent to users as pointed out by @pizza

There has been a bug in the system which led to triggering of close to 4000 OTPs which were not staggered in time in a certain period. The issue was caused because of a code executed an infinite loop.

The issue has now been resolved. In case any of you are still facing problems, please reach out to us in this thread or at dev@flaviant.com so that we can resolve it.

• Reposting @pizza query here

Hi @root

I really did not want to write this because i have been an ardent supporter of forum and its initiatives but i guess sometimes we'll have to take a stand for what be believe in.

Today, You removed my signature and updated my profile without my permission, which amounts to gagging and is disrespectful towards a fellow member. You could have asked me to edit it out but you chose to do it yourself and I do not appreciate it.

Yes, this was done. This was done manually as of now, by an Intern who has been asked to maintain the Forum. Once the steps are figured out, this will be done by the software itself.

Please note that this is a part of the rules, and this is also a standard rule in most successful online groups - be it Senior Reading Racoons on Facebook or elsewhere posting links where you have an interest is not allowed. Please allow us to ensure that people who post content here are doing it voluntarily and not with an expectation of return.

Forcible migration from discuss to quest is the thing that disappointed me the most. I thought the migration would be natural over a period but the sudden decision to make discuss forum as "Read only" amounts to gagging and is again disrespectful towards the members of the community. What about the inbox messages, How do we retrieve it?

We apologise for this. We have to let go of the old. We will shortly enable Login , but the forum shall remain in read only mode w.e.f April 2.

**Quest has security issues. I dint bring it up earlier because I thought it would bring bad reputation to this wonderful platform. But, the forcible migration has compelled me to speak out the truth so that people can make an informed choice. I have attached the images below.

There's a proof of hundreds of OTPs sent on both email and Phone on march 1 and 2 2019. I know that you added "Recaptcha" feature to prevent it from happening again, but there was "no explanation" given about why it happened in the first place?

Next one proof is the one that has raised my apprehensions about data breach the most. I had registered with a gmail id. It is $$$a$$$$$.abhishek@gmail.com but it suddenly got changed to @spam4.me

I have no idea about how this happened and why this happened. I asked the same to the people and forum and did not find any explanation about it. If someone can change my registered email without my notice, then there's definitely a security issue.**

We were in a testing phase since January or so , and this is April . We did have some rigorous testing going on and the software was in Testing Mode. There could be unexpected behaviour as well. We saw some 4000SMS sent on a single night due to infinite loop execution of a certain code. We are sorry this happened while the software was in a testing phase, this should not happen any longer as of now. If you still find any issues, please report it to us at dev@flaviant.com and we shall resolve it.

Anyway, I had plans to stay on discuss for the above mentioned reasons but since that is read only, guess it's time to bid adieu to the forum. I would not like to engage further on this issue and will not be responding to any communication from your side.

Please give us another chance?

Thank you.

• How to upload pictures/documents?