What is the first feeling you have when you see your name in the holy PDF of UPSC?

Topic created · 105 Posts · 4285 Views
  • Now that we have so many members here , selected. Can you share with us, what was the first feeling, emotion or reaction you had when you saw your name in the holy PDF?

We can begin with @doodlebean Ma'am and this years Pub Ad Heroes - @Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh @IWRA and @Haze ?

• @root

I was in the daily evening meeting with my bosses where we plan, do and review ( They call it PDR meeting) the various jobs. We were in the cabin of our big boss. He was taking updates, asking questions, cross-questions. I was ofcourse checking the mobile and live updates from Dholpur house( Thanks to that telegram group). I was least interested in the meeting.

In the five minutes of the meeting, the PDF was uploaded. I downloaded the PDF and for a moment my heart skipped several beats. This was it. In next few minutes my fate was to be decided. By this time, I have totally forgotten what my bosses and colleagues were discussing. I went through the first page and could not find my name. I sensed the similar deja-vu like last year. I was sad. I went to the 2nd page and there it was ..I did not have to scroll more. I couldn't believe that I was there. I checked again, matched my roll no... That's it...that was me( Rank 54).I had made it. I was stunned for few seconds, looked at my bosses, my colleagues and still not able to make what they were discussing.

Now I was in dilemma, how do I get out of this room without telling them, and without disturbing the meeting. And my excitement was too high to keep me there in the room. So, I had to intervene...I said.." Sorry sir to intervene, but I have to go. I have qualified civil services exam with all India rank 54. I need to go downstairs and talk to my parents"...I could sense their astonishment. The meeting came to a halt and they were shocked ( they were hearing this for the first time, I have kept my UPSC journey a secret for 6 years there).

They allowed me to go, visibly surprised

I went downstairs, and call my mother first.." Maa, Mai collector ban Gaya" ! I could sense the happiness and proud in her voice. 🙂

• @IWRA Congratulations sir!! Apke boss and colleague abhi tak ashcharya se bahar nahi aye honge !! 🙂

• @Urvashi They haven't 😁

• @root

Year 2015 for the first time UPSC announced in advance date and timing of result. So needless to mention I wasn’t able to sleep a night before (Failed in 2014 after reaching interview stage, those memories kept haunting ) . We were on Forum all night. Forum is a big saviour this way.Poori raat bakar chal raha tha.

Got strict instructions from Dad that I’m not the one who’s going to check my result . He knew once I start crying nobody on earth can stop it.

1 pm result was supposed to be declared and quarter to 1 I was sitting in front of TV—-numb— like I’m not able to hear or sense anything. Phone by my side but screen was little hazy, I was atleast sensing water in my eyes. At 1:01 pm phone screen lit up. My heart definitely skipped 10 beats in a row. Screen displayed- ‘ मुबारक हो अफ़सर साहिबा ‘ — from a fellow forum friend who helped me a lot in UPSC preparation.

After that what I remember is Papa came from Office hearing the news ( after all it was his dream which I was living ) , we hugged each other and were literally crying for 10 minutes.. The only thing which I noticed and it will stay in my memory forever that he wasn’t wearing his shoes.He forgot wearing his shoes. Someone else brought them back from Office in evening......😊

Next morning all newspapers in the city declared
    “शहर के दवा व्यापारी की बेटी ने UPSC में मारी बाज़ी”

Ofcourse this is what I aimed at . Me after Him.

Rest is history .... 😊

• @doodlebean parents ki khushi dekhne layak hoti hai.. that is the best moment in any child's life! Congratulation ma'am!

• @Urvashi said in What is the first feeling you have when you see your name in the holy PDF of UPSC?:

@doodlebean parents ki khushi dekhne layak hoti hai.. that is the best moment in any child's life! Congratulation ma'am!

Yes it is . No doubt . Thank you 😊

• @all_selected
    Thankyou for writing on this thread. After reading I felt these people are also normal human beings like me, with their weak moments. It felt nice . CSE became a bit more doable, from a life filled with regular fear of not ever being to make it........

• @doodlebean so heart touching. 🙂

• @doodlebean It is. The things we do for UPSC ! 🙂

• This post is deleted!
  • @root will write soon sir g.

@IWRA @doodlebean inspiring and touching write ups. 🙂

• @IWRA @doodlebean got goosebumps while reading your writeups.
    @IWRA Maa mai collector ban gya. Dying to use these words.

Thanks for sharing.

• @Hakunah_Matata you will! have faith. 😊

• @doodlebean Awaiting for a day for my parents to be proud of me as well. Aakhir unki khushi meri kushi ♥

Congratulations to you all for having brought a smile on your Parents, friends and well-wishers face. The journey worth travelling.

@IWRA Had goosebumps when I read "Maa mai collector ban gya", kitna acha laga hoga maa ko, unki khushi ka koi thikana nahi hoga!

• @mahadev
    Just because ‘unki khushi is your khushi’ you’ll achieve wonders one day.
    “कमा के इतनी शौहरत भी मैं वो ना कमा सकी
    की जितने सिक्कों से माँ मेरी नज़रें उतारा करती थी” 😊

My best to you ...

• @mahadev
    Loved the signature ... 😊

• @doodlebean reading these i imagined myself in that situation....i wonder how my experience will be...people like you really help to keep our hopes and motivation high...thank you for sharing your happiest moment of your life...it really helped.

Hoping for the best in my coming 1st attempt.

• @Itachi said in What is the first feeling you have when you see your name in the holy PDF of UPSC?:

@doodlebean reading these i imagined myself in that situation....i wonder how my experience will be...people like you really help to keep our hopes and motivation high...thank you for sharing your happiest moment of your life...it really helped.

Hoping for the best in my coming 1st attempt.

Hey Itachi ... are you the same @Itachi ? 😀